Thursday, October 22, 2009

Parksville Sure Is A Fun Place......


Okay, that was a lie.

This past Thanksgiving I went to visit my mother's side of the family and that meant driving up-island to Butt-Fuck Nowhere just past Parksville. There isn't really a whole lot to do and if I'd been raised there I think I would have developed a pretty cool drug addiction. However there is a total lack of light pollution so I thought it would be an interesting opportunity to see what kind of shots I could get of stars. So once it got dark I grabbed my cousin Olivia and with her as my guide through the wilderness we endeavored to go get some shots. I'm not thrilled with the results but probably the most important thing I learned is just how quickly you start to see star tracks when holding the shutter. The world spins pretty fast I guess. 



Two more after the jump


No comments: