Monday, April 18, 2011

F as in Frank

That's the name of this vintage store on Main street. I was walking home one night around 1:00 after having finished another shoot when I saw the old VW lit up by the neon of the shop and I just had to get it. For the wide shot I ended up moving a large flower pot into the middle of the sidewalk just to get high enough off the ground. The goal for that one was to get the horizon square to be dead centre and have all the lines run directly into it, which I think I did, but I must have looked goddamn retarded standing on that flower pot in the middle of the night. I'm just glad I didn't have to explain that one to the cops, "You see, officer, I'm an artist, and...".
    
The first shot is definitely my favorite even though it was the Beetle that attracted me in the first place. There's something about how that boom-box glows behind those mini light-sabers in the fore-ground that really does it for me. Oooooohhhh, shiny things!



Let's see, what did I use on this? Same as usual, I guess: Fuji 400 H 120 film, Hasselblad, can't remember which lenses. Probably the 80mm 2.8 for the first two and I think the 50mm 4.0 for the last one. Riveting, I know.

No comments: